Great vacancy Project Finance Account Manager hiring now
Job Details: Project Finance Account Manager
Full details of the job.
Project Finance Account Manager
Fixed term contract
The Project Finance Unit serves the Network as the vital link between programmes, donors, and operations. In doing so it facilitates the flow of funds, provides financial management, and applies operational expertise for the effective coordination of projects. Most importantly, the Unit ensures accountability towards donors.
Responsible for the financial management, planning, and financial overview of
WWF projects and programmes ensuring approved policies, procedures and Network Standards are adhered to with the aim to increase operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Leads project and programme financial planning, including development of proposals, budgeting, development and drafting of contracts, and monitoring contractual compliance and progress, all in accordance with WWF policies and procedures.
• Manages the operational and financial administration of WWF projects and programmes.
Identifies and communicates major funding gaps and recommends best working solutions.
• Ensures all issued agreements and payments are processed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Ensures the implementation of WWF standards and best practices.
• Enters revenue, expenditure and intercompany transactions in Oracle including any adjustments necessary.
• Creates and manages purchase orders in Oracle.
• Prepares and reviews financial reports to management and donors, ensuring that expenditure is according to approved contractual budgets and that donor requirements are met.
• Ensures that the financial donor reports are of good quality.
• Monitors and reconciles funding awards and bank accounts as required.
• Provides liaison between programmes and donors as and when required.
• Assists in audit of project/programmes as required.
• Ensures adequate cost recovery from restricted funding.
• Visits field offices to review financial management of projects, train field staff and participate in Finance workshops if required.
• Performs other appropriate duties upon request of the Supervisor, Project Finance.
• University degree in an appropriate subject (business, finance, economics, or accounting).
• Minimum seven years of financial, project management, and/or accounting experience within an international organization with complex donor requirements or multinational company.
• Experience with Public Sector Donors an advantage
Required Skills and Competencies
• Developed financial management/accounting skills are essential.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
• Able to work with multiple demands.
• Experience of working in a multicultural environment.
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills and adaptive planning skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Advanced IT skills, particularly knowledge of Microsoft Office software. Oracle ERP experience would also be a strong asset.
• Excellent communication skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English. Other languages, especially French, would be an asset.
• Willingness to conduct international travel and conduct assignments in the field offices.
• An interest in conservation.
• Adhere to WWF’s brand values which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and
All candidates applying to WWF International should have a genuine interest in conservation and the work of WWF and be able to clearly demonstrate behaviours aligned to our culture within WWF:
Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly.
As per WWF standards
As per WWF standards
Applications Close Date
01 Jul 2019
EUR 45,900.00 gross per year, based on full-time employment.
Sage People Recruit