Great vacancy Deputy Practice Leader, Finance Practice hiring now
Job Details: Deputy Practice Leader, Finance Practice
Full details of the job.
Deputy Practice Leader, Finance Practice
Open ended contract
Location: Flexible (US, Gland, Zeist, ..)
To support the Practice Leader in managing the implementation of the Practice strategy including support in managing engagement with Practice members from across WWF’s global Network, national office Focal Points, and the Finance Practice Leadership Team. To develop and lead the essential business management functions that will ensure the effective operation of the Finance Practice. This will include leadership and co-ordination in the areas of knowledge management, innovation, communications, and operational management.
Support the Practice Leader in the effective operational functioning of the Finance Practice, working in close collaboration with Finance Practice Core Team and Leadership Team.
Provide a high level of technical and thought leadership on sustainable finance.
Co-ordinate and drive clear and effective communication aligned with Practice objectives and WWF goals, consistent with WWF’s core behaviors.
Build a strong culture of collaboration within the Finance Practice via close engagement with Network sustainable finance experts and other interested WWF staff to share current developments and expertise and foster learning.
Create and manage a Practice innovation approach that identifies, surfaces, nurtures, and prototypes new ideas from across the diverse WWF network and takes the best of these ideas to scale and global impact.
Lead the Finance Practice knowledge management approach to ensure effective knowledge sharing including awareness of main external topics and trends, and foster global awareness and effective utilization of knowledge across the Network.
Liaise closely with other Practices and WWF communities to provide support and share expertise across the Practices.
Provide general operations and business support to the Practice
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support Practice strategy implementation, jointly with Practice core team.
• Work closely with the Practice Leader to agree communications priorities and ensure that Practice outputs are consistently communicated and remain globally relevant.
• Co-ordinate and work with WWF Network communications leaders to ensure that the ‘voice’ of the Practice is carried both within the Network and externally.
• Liaise as required with out-of-scope divisions i.e Brand Management, Global Campaigns, Digital Media and Global Media, to ensure consistency of international messaging.
• Work closely with the Finance Practice and related communities to foster a culture of collaboration to deliver the Practice strategy, WWF goals, and impact at scale.
• Work closely with the Practice Leader to foster a community spirit in which people learn, come together, and share knowledge.
• Ensure the Knowledge Management approach is relevant to facilitate external information awareness and provide ‘on-demand’ advice internally. Develop and lead regular virtual knowledge sharing sessions, deciding on content to cover the most important topics and trends for the practice (e.g. virtual trainings) incorporating speakers with a high level of expertise.
• Promote innovation by linking, selecting, nurturing, and taking to scale the best ideas that show greatest promise of delivering transformative impact against WWF’s goals.
• Manage the innovation process through the phases of funding, potential evaluation, monitoring, reporting, network-wide sharing and scaling up.
• Support the Practice Leader with peer review, KPIs, transparent external and internal reporting on all critical contributions and progress in implementing the Practice strategy.
• Manage any potential operational issues or areas of communications, knowledge and innovation that may inhibit delivery against Practice strategy and global goals.
• Manage the Practice in the absence of the Practice Leader.
• University degree in Business, Finance, International Relations, Development, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience;
• Demonstrated experience in one or more areas of functional expertise in Communications, Innovation, and Knowledge Management.
• Knowledge of the field of sustainable finance.
• Fluent command of written and spoken English; any other language/s an asset.
• Project management
Required Skills and Competencies:
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to engage and connect with broad range of people, and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a multitude of responsibilities and pressure, and proactively engage to solve problems.
• Collaborative, creative, outcome-oriented, and focused on impact, with the ability to inspire colleagues toward delivery against a shared agenda.
• Diplomatic, with tenacity to achieve tangible results.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Internal – Works closely with Finance Practice Leader, Finance Practice Core Team, Finance Practice Focal Points and community members across WWF’s global Network, Deputy Leaders of other WWF Practices, leaders in other WWF core functions including particularly in the areas of communications, knowledge management, and innovation. Maintains close liaison with relevant WWF International Secretariat functions and the broader Network.
External – External partners including in financial institutions, governments, intergovernmental institutions, business and industry, NGOs and local communities, as required and in coordination with national offices.
All candidates applying to WWF International should have a genuine interest in conservation and the work of WWF and be able to clearly demonstrate behaviours aligned to our culture within WWF:
Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly and Innovate Fearlessly.
As per WWF standards
As per WWF standards
Applications Close Date
20 Oct 2019
Sage People Recruit